279408 Dryer Drum Rear Seal Kit for Large Capacity Dryers
Drum seal kit 279408, includes the seal that is about 78 and 1/2 inches, the adhesive and installation instructions. It is used on Kenmore, Whirlpool, Roper, KitchenAid and some other brand gas and electric dryers and laundry centers.
Replaces, 347885, 279408, AP3094149, 3028, PS334194, PT9282447,
Installation instructions for rear drum seal 279408
- Unplug the dryer or disconnect it from electrical power
- Remove the drum assembly from the machine
- Remove the old seal from the drum assembly
- Install the new seal with stitched edge toward the front of the drum. Make sure the white felt side of the seal is on the drum surface
- Raise the seal to position it with the centerfold against the drum edge
- Apply adhesive on the drum under seal. Allow adhesive to set. Press down seal to ensure good bond.
- Reinstall the drum and the front panel
- Place a small screwdriver or putty knife under the seal and on top of the bulkhead
- Turn the drum by hand one full turn, counterclockwise, making sure the rear seal is riding on top of the ridge on the bulkhead and not turned under.
- Reassemble the dryer and connect the electrical power